4 steps to longer, leaner muscles, better posture and a workout wind down you’ll love
You probably ended it with a few calf stretches, some dynamic leg swings. If you were really good, you might have got horizontal with the foam roller. But we’re pretty certain you didn’t whip out a ball or two as part of your fitness routine. Thing is, you probably should.
“The myofascial system is one of the most overlooked parts of the body,”
“Basically, myofascia is the connective tissue that surrounds your muscular system. When it becomes thickened, as it can from sitting at a desk for hours, the range of movement muscles can exert is restricted.”
The answer? Balls. “They are one of the best ways to release myofascia tension. Their small surface area means they exert a greater amount of tension than a foam roller, plus you can target trigger points more effectively.”
Try these four moves to release tension and ramp up your recovery. You need two balls of medium pressure.
You can buy Tune Up Fitness Therapy Balls or use a tennis ball or one of our other top alternatives.
A: Up against a wall, put two balls by your shoulder blades.
B: Bend your knees and straighten to “mow” the balls along the thoracic spine. Try it for 40 seconds after exercise or a long day at the office.
A: Lie on your back with a ball beneath each shoulder. Extend your arms overhead and lift into a bridge position.
B: Lever back and forth from your feet to ‘chug’ the balls into your upper traps.
A: Using the balls, apply a quick tapping pressure on each side of your calves.
B: Put the balls under one calf and lift your hips to roll away tension in the lower leg. Do both sides.
Feels nice, right?
A: Get up against the wall with the balls by your shoulders and give yourself a wee hug.
B: Bend your knees to swirl the balls up, down and around the rhomboids (upper back) for as long as it feels good.
Font: Womens Health Mag
You May Also Like
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
- Testimony | Michelle Alba | Workshop
- House Of Movement Instructors
- Eye Gazing Journey with Jolenny Piedra
- Welcome September!! Day Nursery at HOM.
- Can Plus Size and Overweight People Do Pilates?
- New Moon Manifestation Sept 30 at HOM
- Andres Yoga Teacher
- Release Fascia Tension at Home
- Full moon manifestation at HOM
- Gigi’s Aqua Zumba Dance Party!
- “Becoming light” Launch & Celebration.
- 30 minute private Face Ball sessions
- This 1920s Brickell Mansion turned holistic Center
- Come learn handstands with Andres at HOM
- 1800 OnLINE Miami Radio – HOM
- Full Moon Manifestation in HOM
- Jose Aranda at the House of Movement
- La Casa de Movimiento, un sueño hecho realidad.
- Salud y Belleza Coverage
- My Beboon Detox Program