DOULA MENU OF OFFERINGS
Doula means woman caregiver, and describes a trained and experienced labor companion who provides the woman and her husband or partner continuous emotional support, physical comfort and assistance in obtaining information before, during and just after childbirth. The acceptance of doulas in maternity care is growing rapidly with the recognition of their important contribution to the improved physical outcomes and emotional well-being of mothers and infants.
- A postpartum doula provides care to a family with a newborn baby.
- A birth doula:
- Recognizes birth as a key life experience that the mother will remember all her life
- Understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman and her partner in preparing for and carrying out their plans for the birth
- Stays by the side of the laboring woman throughout the entire labor
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures, an objective viewpoint, and assistance to the woman in getting the information she needs to make good decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner, and clinical care providers
- Perceives her role as one who nurtures and protects the woman’s memory of her birth experience
PRIVATE PRENATAL OR POSTPARTUM YOGA - $125
Pilates and Yoga during and after pregnancy releases stored fatigue, massages the joints & shifting organs, increases digestion, brings energy to the mother & helps to maintain hormonal balance. In addition, meditation increases the mother’s concentration and attunes her to communication with baby & her newly attuned nature.
PRENATAL PILATES/YOGA PACKAGE - $300
*private pilates or yoga session
*herbal tea or bath
LABOR & BIRTH SUPPORT - $1200
*3 prenatal visits
*birth preparation homework
*breast feeding support
*3 postpartum visits
*photo record of your birth
*herbal childbearing & postpartum teas & sitz bath
*2 private prenatal pilates or yoga session
*2 private postpartum pilates or yoga sessions
PLACENTA PREPARATION - $200
Encapsulation or food preparation within 48 hrs of birth
POSTPARTUM SUPPORT - $35 (3 hours minimum)
*personal support as the new mother heals
*breast feeding support
*light grocery shopping on my way over
**postpartum yoga & rituals may be added to this session
BIRTH RITUAL- $300
Rituals are practices in which we make the mundane sacred. They are experiences in which we build, create, and participate in that take us deeper into our own awareness. In these sessions, you choose the work that feels right to you & I help you move through the process.
Examples of Rituals are:
*Labyrinth building, tracing & walking
*Yantra Drawing & Painting
*Belly casting and blessing
*Letters to sacred parts of ourselves
HERBAL TEA INFUSIONS, BATHS & DECOCTION - $10/60
Hand Blended & individually prepared herbs which support the energetics of pregnancy, labor, & postpartum healing. A 2 hour wellness consultation will give precise information for healing and hormonal balance.